General Entrance Requirements
Prospective students must . . . .
- Have the required entrance qualifications as listed below
- Complete the application forms provided from the Institute (These can be downloaded. See below)
- Have a recommendation from their pastor or church leadership.
- Provide two references.
- Be in good health, and, if required, produce a doctor’s certificate. Any health problems must be reported on the application form. No special diet can be arranged by the Institute for any reason except by doctor’s order where a student has a chronic problem, e.g. diabetic, etc.
- Be 18 years of age or older
Specific Entrance Requirements for the various programmes:
- Higher Certificate in Thelogy: Must have a National Senior Certificate
- Diploma in Theology: Must have a National Senior Certificate with 40% or higher in four approved subjects.
- Bachelor of Theolgy: Must have a National Senior Certificate with 50% or higher in four approved subjects.
We are glad you are considering applying to Union Bible Institute! Applications from students of any denomination will be considered sympathetically, provided each one is suitably recommended as to Christian life and character and subscribes to the Statement of Doctrine outlined in the prospectus. New students are enrolled only at the beginning of each year.
The following items are needed by UBI to process your application. They are:
- One Application for Admission Form filled out by yourself;
- One (or more) Fee Payment Confirmation Form(s) filled out by your sponsor(s);
- One Letter of Reference written by your pastor;
- Two Reference Forms filled out by those serving as your references;
- One Application Fee.
- Health Questionaire completed
- Copy of your Senior Certificate
The necessary forms can be downloaded below in Microsoft Word or plain text format:
• Application for Admission. — Click here
• Fee Payment Confirmation Form(s) — Click here
• Pastor’s Letter of Reference — Click here
• Request for Reference Forms — Click here
• Application fee, deposited in UBI’s account or delivered in person
Make a direct deposit into our account. Phone us at 033-343 4547 or email us at email@example.com to ask for the banking details. Then post or fax us a copy of the deposit slip.
Each of the items can be emailed to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or they can be faxed to us: 086 443 5077
Or they can be posted to us:
Union Bible Institute
PO Box 50
You can pay your application fee in the following ways:
- Make a direct deposit into our account. Phone us at 033 343 4547 or email us at email@example.com to ask for the banking details. Then post or fax us a copy of the deposit slip.
- Pay the money to us when you come to UBI to hand in your application forms. Please do not send any money by post.
UBI GENERAL ACCOUNT:
STANDARD BANK: 05-7525
ACCOUNT NO: 05208-7964